2019 Afterglow Preview
December 12, 2019
- SUNDAY, December 15, 2019
- Please use #AfterglowCX, very important to remember the “CX”.
- Afterglow is what lingers when the ChiCrossCup concludes and you’re not ready to quit. Chicago Cuttin’ Crew throws a great race at Douglas Park Golf Course in Chicago to collect funds, cycling parts, and clothing for our youth cycling programs from the South and West sides.
- We are a DECADE in, and so SO proud to continue the pledge drive for Blackstone Bikes and West Town Bikes. This year, we will also host a buncha fun chaos with the midday Working Bikes’ Run What WE Brung Hot Lap, along with the cutest race of the season, DoggoCross to benefit PAWS Chicago!
- To add, the Relay Hot Lap is bound to be STACKED. Choose two to three friends, grab matching non-spandex outfits, and Bring Your Own Baton. We’ll give you two numbers to fight it out.
- Afterglow always has equal payouts for men and women (zero dollars). And while it is the most affordable race on the calendar, bribes in the form of donations are always accepted in exchange for a spot on the front row.
- Registration is at www.bikereg.com/afterglow. We will have a donation box on-site to collect your gently used gear, clothing, and cash money.
- Can’t race? Feel free to fiscally compete at www.pledgereg.com/afterglow! Half Acre Cycling and Comrade Cycles are currently leading the board with their $1,000+ donations!
- Day-of registration and number pickup opens at 9am near the start/finish. Bib numbers will go on your RIGHT side, and course runs counterclockwise. Best place to park is on Inner Ogden Avenue, just on the outside of the course.
- A wheel/equipment pit will be available. Wheels/bike in, wheels/bikes out.
- Podiums will be presented shortly after each race, and we will have limited edition 2019 Cuttin’ Crew prizes for those victorious.
- Thank you for continuing to support the young people of our city — their programs not only provide transportation to the races and food and snacks, but also a sense of home and accomplishment for the beloved young people of our community.
- See you Sunday!
What time is doggo-cross happening? Want to make sure we get there in time for a pre-run and warm ups